Frequently Asked Questions
I have just registered online but can't login to any e-Resources.
- When you apply online to become a member of the State Library you will be assigned a temporary membership number which will allow you to use certain services but not allow you to access e-Resources until you are issued with your permanent mylibrarycard. In addition, you will need to provide evidence that you are a resident of Western Australia.
- If you live in the Perth metropolitan area you can pick up your mylibrarycard from the welcome desk on the ground floor.
- If you live outside the Perth metropolitan area we will post your mylibrarycard to you. Please allow 5 working days for it to arrive.
- You can use your WA public library card to access State Library of Western Australia's e-Resources but you will have to register to join the State Library and ask staff to add your public library membership card details at the time of registration.
- Some of our licenced e-Resources only allow a certain number of clients to use the resource at the same time. Please wait and try again.
- Some of the e-Resources in our collection are bibliographic databases or indexes and do not provide electronic full text. The State Library does however, subscribe to many of the journals referrred to in these e-Resources. Once you have the details of the required article you can go to our catalogue and search for the journal title and ask staff how you can request a copy of the article.
- Check the e-journals A-Z list to see if the journal title is available in another e-Resource.
- Not all of State Library's e-Resources can be accessed from home and are only licenced for client access onsite at the State Library.
Page last updated: Wednesday 8 June 2011