Other places for information
- Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship has information for visitors to Australia.
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has a list of Foreign Embassies and Consulates.
Western Australian Government:
- Tourism Western Australia
Responsible for promoting Western Australia as an attractive holiday, event, convention and incentive travel destination, nationally and overseas, and enhancing the tourism industry, infrastructure and product base.
- Welcome to Western Australia
The official travel and tourism website for Western Australia, where you'll find everything you need to know about planning your holiday in WA.
- Visitor Centres for various towns These offer a one stop shop of information, provided by local experts. Stock up on maps, get some ideas on the best things to see and do, or book a tour or accommodation.
- The Western Australian Visitor Centre
Is located in the heart of Perth city, beside the Perth train station. It offers unbiased information and a free booking service.
- Department of Environment and Conservation
Most of WA's spectacular natural features are managed by DEC.They have used their local knowledge to put together visitor and recreation information on national parks, marine parks, reserves and State forests, as well as the programs and attractions you'll find there.
- Shopping tips for travellers in Western Australia is available on the Department of Commerce website.This is available in different languages: Chinese, German, Japanese and Korean.
- Landgate has a range of products for travellers.
Their business is land and property information. Geospatial data is gathered from ground surveys, aerial photographs and satellite imagery. This information is used to produce a wide range of digital and hard copy products and services.
The Department of Local Government and Regional Development lists contact details for individual shires.
Information about a place and its events and services are often listed on the local government websites.
For example some popular tourist locations and their local government sites:
- Royal Automotive Club The Royal Automotive Club (RAC) is an association for road users in WA. It provides travel information, maps and travel services.
- The West Australian thewest.com.au has a travel section.
- The Sunday Times PerthNow has a travel section.
- Telephone Directories - White pages, Yellow Pages.
- Churches - Listing of churches in Western Australia.
- Country pubs
General websites which are useful for tourists:
- Google Maps
- Google Maps Street View
- WhereiS - this site allows you to find locations and map routes to destinations.
Page last updated: Wednesday 22 September 2010